Staff Software Engineer, Tech Lead
Full time, permanent. Menlo Park, California location
Work for a big purpose
Is software development your greatest gift and passion? Do you write excellent code, but question if the products you’re building have a positive impact… or any impact at all? Are you looking for an opportunity to offer your first fruits, your technical talent, to God?
Consider joining our team as the technical lead for Abide.
Abide is the leading app for Biblical meditation. We’ve guided millions of people around the world in Biblical truth and personal reflection. We hear life-changing stories every day.
Whether you are an exacting mobile app developer or deep into cloud infrastructure and services, you will find no better place to give your best. Let’s build technology to support healthy living according to the Bible.
Great work environment
We are a startup in Silicon Valley, and will rely on your contribution to other areas as well, such as team culture, product requirements, data science and analytics, UX design and research, tools, and automation.
Located in Menlo Park, CA, next to the Caltrain station. Have lunch every day at the office (provided by CEO and others), work remotely on Fridays, join our optional weekly devotional, and discover other healthy/fun activities as a team. We have unlimited vacation, health care, subsidized commute by public transportation, home Internet service, and more.
We encourage trying new technologies and coding practices. For instance, we code review all our GitHub pull requests, use Go for our API services, Swift for iOS, Kotlin for Android, TypeScript and React for web projects, and write unit tests, mostly for our server code.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent self-study
- 7+ years of relevant work experience, including mobile app or web services software development
- Exceptional ability to design interfaces, database schemas, and APIs
- Experience with one or more general purpose programming languages including but not limited to: Go, Kotlin, Swift, TypeScript
- Knowledge of mobile development for iOS, Android, or other platforms
- Ability to analyze and troubleshoot issues across a wide variety of systems, familiar and unfamiliar
- Passion and discipline for best practices
- Willing to learn and do things that are new to you, such as a new cloud service integration, a new programming language, or mobile app library
- Knowledge of cloud architecture using Google Cloud, Kubernetes, MongoDB, Docker or similar services
- Previous startup experience
- Experience with one or more of the following: content discovery, UI animation, interaction design, text understanding, recommendation systems, or similar
- Be involved in product and design, such as challenging and reviewing hypotheses, requirements, and design specs
- As tech lead, own technical design, development, testing, and release of Abide for iOS and Android
- Help with API service availability, stability, performance, deployment, and feature development
- Hold technical design reviews and provide critique
- Understand product goals, help refine requirements, and iterate on design implementation
- Manage individual project priorities, deadlines and deliverables
- Research, propose, and implement use of various platforms, services, libraries, and technologies
Competitive salary, healthcare, stock options, and other benefitsApply online
Our headquarters is located at 530 Oak Grove Ave #204. Menlo Park, CA 94025.
Posted on Feb. 19, 2019