Social Media Intern
Part time, flexible location
Are you interested in working with a spiritually focused Silicon Valley startup? Are you a self-starter who loves social media and enjoys chatting with others online? Do you passionately share about God with others? If so, you may be a great fit as a Social Media Intern at Abide!
Who we are
Our mission: To help people experience the peace of Christ through biblical meditation.
Abide is the #1 Christian meditation app. Last year, we guided people through over 1.1 billion minutes of audio guided meditation. The company is profitable and headquartered in San Mateo, CA. We are a scrappy team of around 30 people who specialize in content creation, marketing, business, engineering, product, and design.
Abide was founded by a team of ex-Googlers who are passionate about building products to help people grow in their faith. We’re committed to delivering beautiful experiences to connect users with Christ and community. We blend professional excellence with great purpose, fellowship, and prayer.
As a Social Media Intern for Abide, you will play a large role in the posting and engagement on our various social media accounts (Instagram, Facebook, TikTok, etc). You will also gain valuable experience working with and learning firsthand from the Abide team. Our interns have landed jobs at Google and other top firms. If you love rolling up your sleeves and getting things done, this job is for you!
- Create and grow social media presence/profiles
- Moderate comments across social media profiles
- Maintain, post and, update social media profiles with appropriate and appealing content
- Assist with social media analytics and reporting
- Assist in loading/producing stories/creating social media graphics
- Help develop strategies for capturing target audience and current customer engagement
- Use scheduling apps in combination with social media planning calendars to keep Abide social accounts active
- Attend Abide team meetings
- Other duties as assigned
- Interest in social media and communications. Advanced knowledge of popular social media platforms from a brand perspective preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Self discipline and ability to meet strict deadlines
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Ability to work well on a team
- Experience with Google Drive, Sheets, Docs, etc
- Ability to dedicate 15 hours a week
- Available to start ASAP
- Bachelor's degree or currently enrolled in an accredited college or university in marketing or related field of study
Who you are
- You have a strong interest social media marketing and communications
- You're comfortable as a leader, and also work well on a team
- You have a hunger to learn more and work hard
- You are a fast learner
We can offer credit for university students. Payment depends on experience.
How to apply
Apply by filling out this form:Apply online
Posted on Aug. 20, 2020