Full time, permanent. Flexible location
Are you interested in working with a spiritually focused Silicon Valley startup? Are you a self-starter who enjoys putting together words and visuals that can captivate an audience? Have you managed a monthly content production calendar for email, videos, or social media? Do you passionately share about God with others? If so, you may be a great fit as a Content Marketer at Abide!
Our mission: To help people experience the peace of Christ through biblical meditation.
Abide is the #1 Christian meditation app. Last year, we guided people through over 1.1 billion minutes of audio guided meditation. The company is profitable and headquartered in San Mateo, CA. We are a scrappy team of around 30 people who specialize in content creation, marketing, business, engineering, product, and design.
Abide was founded by a team of ex-Googlers who are passionate about building products to help people grow in their faith. We’re committed to delivering beautiful experiences to connect users with Christ and community. We blend professional excellence with great purpose, fellowship, and prayer.
About the role
Our Content and Marketing teams are instrumental across the entire user journey, from brand awareness through user retention. We combine creativity with data based decisions, and we are always thinking about how we can better serve our users.
As a content marketer, you will be responsible for developing and publishing content through different channels, including in-app, push notifications, email, audio platforms, and more. You’re able to write marketing copy that makes words shine, while also organizing and managing several publishing calendars.
You will manage the entire production process from beginning to end, with activities that include:
- Develop and schedule content production for monthly calendar cycles
- Write creative marketing copy that resonate with our audience
- Review content formats and copy
- Manage writers and designers to package engaging content
- Research competitors and industry trends so we’re aware of best practices
- Manage the ongoing content operations workflow
- Review performance regularly to present key analytical insights and optimization opportunities, contributing to the overall strategic vision of the organization
You will report to both the Director of Marketing and Executive Content Producer and be a part of a marketing team that works across the United States. We are comprised of operations specialists, video editors, copy writers, graphic designers, and more.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced culture and sometimes ambiguous environment
- A passion for devotional and inspirational content and storytelling
- Takes initiative to define program goals and relentlessly follow through on tasks
- Familiar with life-cycle marketing and has previously managed marketing or production calendars at other organizations
- Has at least 1- 2 years of experience in email marketing. Experience with Braze a plus.
- Diligent and extremely organized, with a strong attention to detail
- Ability to collaborate and get buy-in with stakeholders across the organization
- Demonstrates a hunger for learning new skills and improving one’s craft
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Combines both the right and left brain. Able to write creative copy yet also perform detailed analysis.
- Familiarity with marketing & project management tools- Slack, Asana, Google Drive, etc.
Our headquarters is located at 15 N. Ellsworth St. Suite 210. San Mateo, CA 94401.
Posted on Jan. 10, 2020