Frequently asked questions about Abide
Below are answers to the most frequently asked questions about Abide. If you don't find an answer to your question, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will follow up with you as soon as possible.
Managing your account
- How do I create an account?
- Why do I get an error when I try to create an account?
- How do I reset my password?
- How do I change my email address?
- Why is my account login not working?
- How do I turn notifications on or off?
Managing your membership
- I subscribed through the iOS App Store, but Abide is still asking me to become a member?
- How do I cancel my subscription?
- How do I change music tracks?
- How do I change the music volume?
- What do I do if prayers do not play?
- Why are my notifications not working (iOS users)?
If you don't find an answer to your question, please email email@example.com, and we will follow up with you as soon as possible.
How do I create an account?
- (iOS users) To create an account, open up the ‘Me’ tab on the app and enter an email address and password. If you already have an account, you can tap on the Login flow to either login or reset your password.
- (Android users) To create an account, open the menu and go to the ‘My Prayer Journey’ section. Enter an email address and password. If you already have an account, you can tap on the Login flow to either login or reset your password.
Why do I get an error when I try to create an account?
If you cannot create an account, it's likely that your email address already has an Abide account. Please try logging in with the email address and password that you are trying to create, or use the forgot password function to recover your password and then login. We have seen circumstances with spotty data connections where the account is created, but it did not sign a user in. When this happens, it will not let you create it because the account already exists.
How do I reset my password?
(iOS users) To reset your password, please open the Abide app and open the ‘Me’ tab. Then tap on the option to Log In. From the Log In screen, tap on words Forgot Password. This will ask you to enter your email address, and we will send you an email with instructions on resetting the password for your account.
(Android users) To reset your password, open the menu and go to the ‘My Prayer Journey’ section. Tap the option to login, then hit the forgot password link below that.
If you try to reset your password but do not receive an email from Abide, please check your spam folder for an email from Abide. If you do not see any emails from Abide in your email account, you can create a new account with this email address. You might not have created an Abide account, you might have used a different email address to create an Abide account or you might have mistyped your email address when you first created your Abide account.
How do I change my email address?
- (iOS users) To change the email address for your account, please open the Abide app and login to your account. Select the ‘Me’ tab and tap on 'Settings' in the top-right and then 'Account Details'. Enter the new email address and tap save.
- (Android users) This feature is coming soon.
You cannot change your email to an address that has an existing Abide account. If the email address you enter already has an account and it is your email address, you need to first log login with the email address you want to change your account to and add a new email address for that account, then change the email address for your other account.
Why is my account login not working?
There are two common reasons that your account login may not work. We suggest trying the following:
- Make sure that you are on the login screen and not the account creation screen. They look very similar and can be easy to mix up.
- Try using the forgot password feature on the login screen to reset your password. Let us know if the problem continues.
How do I turn notifications on or off?
- (iOS users) Tap on the 'Me' tab and then tap 'Settings' in the top-right and select Notifications. Choose the notification that you would like on or off (Get daily prayer, Receive updates or Guide reminder) and move the toggle to the on or off position.
- (Android users) Tap the menu in the upper left of the navigation bar and select Settings. Choose the notification that you would like on or off (Daily prayer or Guide reminder) and move the toggle to the on or off position.
I subscribed through the iOS App Store, but Abide is still asking me to become a member?
If you are subscribed to Abide through the iOS App Store and the Abide app is still asking you to become a member, you need to restore your App Store purchase onto the Abide app. To restore your purchase, open Abide, tap on the 'Me' tab and then tap 'Settings' in the top-right and click on 'Become a Member'. Tap on the text at the bottom of the screen that says, 'Tap here to restore your purchase'. This will check your subscription status against the App store receipt. It will give you full access to Abide Member content as long as you are using the Apple ID that made the purchase and the subscription is still active.
How do I cancel my subscription?
- (iOS users) If you subscribed through iTunes, you can cancel your subscription through your Apple Settings by following these instructions from Apple.
- If you subscribed using your credit card, you can cancel your subscription by submitting your request through our subscription and billing form
How do I change music tracks?
You can swipe up or down on the prayer playback page to change the track.
How do I change the music volume?
(Android users) Tap on the speaker icon on the prayer playback screen. Drag the volume control left or right to decrease or increase the music volume.
What do I do if prayers do not play
- Check your network connection. Try closing and reopening Abide on a good data connection.
- Delete and reinstall Abide.
- Email us details of what is not working, and what type of phone you have.
What if my notifications aren’t working (iOS users)?
It is possible that you have notifications turned off for Abide in your iTunes settings. To check, go to your phone settings (not your Abide settings) and tap on 'Notifications'. This will give you a list of apps on your phone that have notifications. Scroll down the list and tap on Abide. Then make sure that the toggle is set to 'Allow notifications'. If that is on and it is still not working, then we suggest deleting and reinstalling Abide. It is possible that the app is not configured correctly.