Full time, permanent remote.
Join our team as a Software Engineer in web services and platforms.
Are you interested in working at a company that makes a positive and spiritual impact in the world? Do you have a desire to apply your creativity, drive, and focus toward something that is life-changing and meaningful? Find out more about Abide!
Abide is the leading app for Biblical meditation. We’ve guided millions of people around the world in Biblical truth and personal reflection. We hear life-changing stories every day.
You will find no better place to give your best. Together, let’s build technology to support healthy living according to the Bible.
- Strong work ethic and ability to produce solutions in a timely manner
- Experience with one or more database systems
- Experience with one or more general purpose programming languages
- Ability to analyze and troubleshoot issues across platforms
- Passion and discipline for best practices
- Willingness to learn and apply new technologies
- 2+ years of relevant work experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- Previous startup experience
- Experience with any of these technologies: Go, MongoDB, React, Kubernetes, iOS, or Android
- Experience in any of these specializations: subscription management, content discovery, recommendation systems, media streaming, CRM integration
- Contribute to API service availability, stability, performance, deployment, and feature development
- Review technical designs and provide feedback
- Understand product goals, refine requirements, and iterate on design implementation
- Influence product and design, such as challenging and reviewing hypotheses, requirements, and design specs
- Manage individual project priorities, deadlines and deliverables
- Research, propose, and implement use of various platforms, services, libraries, and technologies
Base salary and bonus based on experience
Great work environment
This is a fully remote position. We rely on your contribution to other areas as well, such as team culture, product requirements, data science and analytics, UX design and research, tools, and automation.
We offer an optional weekly devotional for any employee to join in. We have vacation, Medical, Dental, HSA, Matching 401k, and more.
Our engineering culture promotes code health through best practices, including code reviews, design docs, automated tests, a regular release cycle, alerting and monitoring, etc.
Last updated on Sep 20, 2021