Are you a talented designer who wants to help people live healthier, more fulfilling lives? Take a look at the Senior UX/UI Designer-Mobile position for Abide, the leading Christian meditation app. Full-Time, Fully Remote
Our mission: To help people experience the peace of Christ through biblical meditation.
Abide is the #1 Christian meditation app. Last year, we guided people through over 3 billion minutes of audio guided meditation. The company is well funded, profitable and headquartered in San Mateo, CA. We are a scrappy team of around 30 people who specialize in content creation, marketing, business, engineering, product, and design.
Abide was founded by a team of ex-Googlers who are passionate about building products to help people grow in their faith. We’re committed to delivering beautiful experiences to connect users with Christ and community. We blend professional excellence with great purpose, fellowship, and prayer.
About the Role
As a Senior UX/UI Designer-Mobile, you will lead interaction, visual, and motion design at Abide. You will understand the customer journey, conduct user tests, and form conclusions. You will lead brainstorms, design wireframes, test features through rapid prototyping, and create high-fidelity visual designs for launch. You’ll also clearly communicate your designs to developers and export all assets in their appropriate sizes and formats. You will manage a team of talented freelance designers to compliment your skill set. This position is ideal for a creative self-starter with strong mobile design experience. this role is fully remote.
- Own interaction, visual, and motion design for Abide app
- Create an immersive meditation experience that our users love
- Shape our overall design strategy
- Take full ownership of your work from sketch to high-fidelity design
- Collaborate with developers to ensure excellent implementation
- Potential to coach and grow a design team
- 5+ years experience as an interaction or motion designer at consumer tech or media companies
- Expertise in mobile app design
- Practitioner of design thinking
- Strike a balance between design execution and strategy
- High-proficiency in the vector graphic and animation tools of your choice (i.e. Illustrator, After Effects, Lottie, etc.)
- Demo reel or portfolio that showcases your visual and motion designs in mobile apps
- Experience running experimentation and user testing
- Passionate about helping others grow spiritually
- Excitement about the audio content space
- Bonus if you’re experience setting up a design system
- Bonus if you’ve experience with Premiere
- Previous startup experience
Cash and equity in a growth stage startup based on experience.
Full time, Flexible Location