Full time, permanent remote.
Join our team as a Senior Software Engineer in web services and platforms.
Abide is the leading app for Biblical meditation. We’ve guided millions of people around the world in Biblical truth and personal reflection. We hear life-changing stories every day.
You will find no better place to give your best. Let’s build technology to support healthy living according to the Bible.
- 4+ years of relevant work experience
- Strong work ethic and ability to produce solutions in a timely manner
- 2+ years experience designing APIs, data models, and database schemas
- Experience with one or more general purpose programming languages
- Ability to analyze and troubleshoot issues across many systems, familiar and unfamiliar
- Passion and discipline for best practices
- Willingness to learn and apply new technologies, like a cloud service integration, programming language, or mobile app library)
- 7+ years of relevant work experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- Previous startup experience
- Experience with any of these technologies: Go, MongoDB, React/Redux, Google Cloud, or Kubernetes
- Experience in any of these specializations: content discovery, text understanding, recommendation systems, media streaming, content delivery
- Contribute to API service availability, stability, performance, deployment, and feature development
- Review technical designs and provide feedback
- Understand product goals, refine requirements, and iterate on design implementation
- Influence product and design, such as challenging and reviewing hypotheses, requirements, and design specs
- Manage individual project priorities, deadlines and deliverables
- Research, propose, and implement use of various platforms, services, libraries, and technologies
Base salary and equity in growth stage startup based on experience
Great work environment
We are a startup in Silicon Valley, and will rely on your contribution to other areas as well, such as team culture, product requirements, data science and analytics, UX design and research, tools, and automation.
We offer an optional weekly devotional for any employee to join in. We have unlimited vacation, health care, 401k, subsidized home Internet service, and more.
Our engineering culture promotes code health through best practices, including code reviews, design docs, automated tests, a regular release cycle, alerting and monitoring, etc.
Last updated on Feb 1, 2021