Full time, Flexible Location
Do you want to shape the future of Christian wellness? Do you love creating concepts from user-centered design and data, and building the through to testing and scale? Are you obsessed with great media? Can you develop and manage a high caliber team with excellence? Abide is looking for a Director of Product Management to build unforgettable experiences for millions of people on the leading Christian wellness app.
Our mission: To help people experience the peace of Christ through biblical meditation.
Abide is the #1 Christian meditation app. Last year, we guided people through over 3 billion minutes of audio guided meditation. The company is well funded, profitable and headquartered in San Mateo, CA. We are a scrappy team of around 30 people who specialize in content creation, marketing, business, engineering, product, and design.
Abide was founded by a team of ex-Googlers who are passionate about building products to help people grow in their faith. We’re committed to delivering beautiful experiences to connect users with Christ and community. We blend professional excellence with great purpose, fellowship, and prayer.
About the Role
As a Director of Product Management, you will lead the Abide app product strategy and features from concept to testing and scaling. You will develop deep customer empathy based on user research and tests, leading to valuable insights to customer needs. You’ll ensure that product decisions are meaningful, executed well and backed by in-depth data analysis. You’ll work closely with Abide’s content, engineering and marketing teams to create and execute the product roadmap. This position is ideal for a creative self-starter with strong mobile product experience.
- Lead design, research and development to conceive, build, and launch product features that grow usage and subscriptions
- Manage user research, product requirements, and analytics
- Write PRDs, manage technical backlogs, effectively prioritize new features and clearly communicate with engineering
- Work closely with content and marketing for cross-functional initiatives to maximize engagement and retention.
- Manage projects, deadlines, deliverables.
- 7+ years of product experience on consumer products
- A track record of building exceptional products that delight your users and produce clear business impact
- Demonstrated ability to improve key product metrics like user activation, engagement, and subscription conversion
- Experience collecting both internal and external customer feedback and requests, empathizing with their challenges and opportunities, and prioritizing roadmaps to optimize results
- Passion for helping others grow in their spiritual life
- Relentlessly learn and rapidly launch meaningful experiments
- BS/BA in computer science, HCI, design or a related field
- Experience with consumer media
- Ability to wireframe and rapidly prototype
- Previous startup experience