Our mission: To help people experience the peace of Christ through biblical meditation.
Founded in 2014, Abide helps people all around the world find Peace. Our unique ecosystem of Faith based wellness provides our subscribers with hope for calm while educating them on daily Christian meditations. Our mobile app, Abide, is the world’s most popular Christian meditation app, guiding hundreds of thousands of people around the world in Biblical truth and personal reflection. Our mission is for the world to experience the Peace of Christ through Biblical meditation. We uphold our mission by keeping ourselves accountable every day to the values of Integrity, Trust, Commitment to our Customers, Diversity, Innovation and Teamwork. Passion is what drives our team and we strive to produce the best quality content possible while always striving for improvement. Together we want to make a positive impact in the world and have fun doing it.
About the role
We have an incredibly diverse community filled with people who want to give the gift of Abide. Many people in our community have given money to sponsor other listeners to get free content. As the Community Manager, your primary goal is to get more people to give and get the gift of free premium Abide content.
The Community Manager encourages more Abide listeners to support the mission, and engages existing sponsors with giveaways, testimonials from recipients and live online events. Our sponsors are some of the most inspiring people in the world! Along with helping build the community of Abide from the ground up, this person will also work with nonprofits and help to fundraise for those charities to give subscriptions on a charitable level. Finally, as we create community in the app, this position will lead all efforts in building our own version of small groups.
Managing the Community program, with activities that include:
- Working with the LCM Manager to Create, test and scale email, website and app marketing to acquire and engage sponsors and raise funds for users and charities
- Creating a program to give away sponsorships and subscriptions to charities
- Working with our Abide community to get testimonials from sponsored listeners to help promote the program and reach other people who may want to donate
- Building relationships with our sponsors to grow the value of the program for them and ensure they feel valued and cared for as we so appreciate their commitment to this community
- Creating and executing live events, both virtually and in person
- Creating fundraising opportunities, both virtually and in person
- Creating in-app/online community groups and online Bible study groups, and eventually building in-person event groups focused, but not limited to the following topics:
- Anxiety, support, addiction, divorce, singles, marriage, parenting, to broaden the scope and provide support for all pillars of abide and wellness, all to increase retention rates
You will report to our Brand, Marketing & Partnerships Director and be a part of a team that works across the United States.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced culture and sometimes ambiguous environment
- Has a passion for Abide
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Detailed project management
- Success growing social media engagement and communities
- Experience with fundraising and nonprofits
- Client relationship management
- Familiarity with marketing & project management tools- Slack, Asana, Google Drive, etc.