The Abide team does a group devotional focused on Abide's weekly theme. We read verses, listen to meditations, and reflect on how God is speaking to us. We're publishing these devotionals so you can use them as a resource for a Bible study or in your own quiet time. Enjoy!
TOPIC: The Benefit of Faith
“Faith is to believe what you do not see; the benefit of this faith is to see what you believe.” - Saint Augustine
Surprising Links Between Faith and Health: encourages healthy behavior, reduces stress, improves emotional health, increases life satisfaction, allows space for the miraculous
“Though I do not believe that a plant will spring up where no seed has been, I have great faith in a seed... Convince me that you have a seed there, and I am prepared to expect wonders.” - Henry David Thoreau
Read and listen for words of God’s applied love.
If you're in a group, take turns reading the week's Bible verses. Read the scriptures here
As time permits, listen to the meditations. Everybody can listen to a separate meditation or you can listen collectively as a group. The meditations for the different days are linked below, and the shortest version is 2 minutes long.
- Faith And Works - 1 John 3:18
- Faith In The Unseen - Hebrews 11:1
- The Benefit of Faith - 2 Corinthians 5:17
- Pray By Faith - Jeremiah 32:17
- Focus On Your Faith - 1 Corinthians 1:10
- Quest For Wisdom - Proverbs 2:6
- Passion Week Palm Sunday - Zechariah 9:9
- How do we walk as old vs. new creations in our lives?
- What are examples of walking by faith as we enter Passion Week?
Share your answers in the comments below.