The Abide team does a group devotional focused on Abide's weekly theme. We read verses, listen to meditations, and reflect on how God is speaking to us. We're publishing these devotionals so you can use them as a resource for a Bible study or in your own quiet time. Enjoy!
TOPIC: Going The Distance
"Somewhere we know that without silence words lose their meaning, that without listening speaking no longer heals, that without distance closeness cannot cure." Henri Nouwen
We often don’t appreciate healing but in the presence of pain; hope but in the presence of despair; and God but in the presence of evil. There are many resolved metaphors in these passages.
If you're in a group, take turns reading the week's Bible verses. Read the scriptures here
As time permits, listen to the meditations. Everybody can listen to a separate meditation or you can listen collectively as a group. The meditations for the different days are linked below, and the shortest version is 2 minutes long.
- Strengthen Your Faith - Jude 1:20-21
- Pray by Faith - Jeremiah 32:1
- How To Go The Distance - 1 Timothy 6:12
- Are You Persistent - Proverbs 21:21
- Victory Over Fear - Isaiah 12:2
- Turn Sorrow to Joy - John 16:24
- Filthy Clothes - James 1:21
- How do these verses speak to you?
- In what area of your life do you feel the tension between good and evil?
- What do you do when you feel this tension?
Share your answers in the comments below.