The Abide team does a group devotional focused on Abide's weekly theme. We read verses, listen to meditations, and reflect on how God is speaking to us. We're publishing these devotionals so you can use them as a resource for a Bible study or in your own quiet time. Enjoy!
TOPIC: You Belong to God
If you're in a group, take turns reading the week's Bible verses. Read the scriptures here
As time permits, listen to the meditations. Everybody can listen to a separate meditation or you can listen collectively as a group. The meditations for the different days are linked below, and the shortest version is 2 minutes long.
- In His Image - Genesis 1:26
- Chosen - 1 Peter 2:9-10
- Victory - 1 John 4:4
- Embracing Spiritual Poverty - Matthew 5:3
- Take My Yoke - Matthew 11:29
- Accepting One Another - Romans 15:7
- Foundation of Truth - John 1:12
- After reading the scriptures, take 2 minutes to imagine how God sees you. What about you would God say is made in His image?
- When or how have you felt like you didn’t belong? Did you gain any insights from this on where you do belong?
- Who is someone you know that lives like they belong to God? What about them or their actions makes you say this?
Share your answers in the comments below.