The Abide team does a group devotional focused on Abide's weekly theme. We read verses, listen to meditations, and reflect on how God is speaking to us. We're publishing these devotionals so you can use them as a resource for a Bible study or in your own quiet time. Enjoy!
TOPIC: You Belong in Community
If you're in a group, take turns reading the week's Bible verses. Read the scriptures here
As time permits, listen to the meditations. Everybody can listen to a separate meditation or you can listen collectively as a group. The meditations for the different days are linked below, and the shortest version is 2 minutes long.
- Belonging In Family - Acts 4:32
- How to Belong in God’s Presence: Belonging in Marriage - Hebrews 13:4-5
- Making the Most of Your Tribe - 2 Peter 1:5-8
- Growing in Your Community - Ephesians 4:15-16
- Becoming a Better Citizen - Matthew 22:37-40
- How to Belong to an Organization - Philippians 2:14-15
- What it Means to Belong to a Church - Hebrews 10:24-25
- When you think of ‘your tribe’, who or what comes to mind? What recent experiences are bringing you closer to your tribe or causing division?
- Reflect on the characteristics in 2 Peter 1:5-8. Share examples of how you or others on the Abide team are living these out well -- or may need to improve.
Share your answers in the comments below.