The Abide team does a group devotional focused on Abide's weekly theme. We read verses, listen to meditations, and reflect on how God is speaking to us. We're publishing these devotionals so you can use them as a resource for a Bible study or in your own quiet time. Enjoy!
TOPIC: We Suffer through Empathy
If you're in a group, take turns reading the week's Bible verses. Read the scriptures here
As time permits, listen to the meditations. Everybody can listen to a separate meditation or you can listen collectively as a group. The meditations for the different days are linked below, and the shortest version is 2 minutes long.
- Empathy In Suffering - 1 Peter 5:9
- God Will Never Desert You - Hebrews 13:5b
- God Will Sustain You - Psalm 55:22
- God Is Near To The Brokenhearted - Isaiah 57:15
- Receive Help in Suffering - Galatians 4:13-14
- Two Are Better Than One - Numbers 11:14
- Comfort and Encourage Others - 2 Corinthians 7:6-7
How do you empathize with people?
- Think of specific stories or experiences where you’ve felt a strong connection.
- What was the story? What do you think drove your empathy? What did you learn about Abide or your work from that experience?
Share your answers in the comments below.