The Abide team does a group devotional focused on Abide's weekly theme. We read verses, listen to meditations, and reflect on how God is speaking to us. We're publishing these devotionals so you can use them as a resource for a Bible study or in your own quiet time. Enjoy!
TOPIC: We Suffer through Consequences
“I have told you these things, so that in Me you may have [perfect] peace. In the world, you have tribulation and distress and suffering, but be courageous [be confident, be undaunted, be filled with joy]; I have overcome the world.” [My conquest is accomplished, My victory abiding] - John 16:33 Amplified Bible.
If you're in a group, take turns reading the week's Bible verses. Read the scriptures here
As time permits, listen to the meditations. Everybody can listen to a separate meditation or you can listen collectively as a group. The meditations for the different days are linked below, and the shortest version is 2 minutes long.
- We Suffer Through Consequences - 2 Thessalonians 3:16
- Discover Peace In Suffering - John 16:33
- Prayers and Petitions In Everything - Philippians 4:6
- Take Refuge In God - Isaiah 26:3
- Spiritually Calm - Matthew 5:9
- Cast For He Cares - 1 Peter 5:7
- Live At Peace With Everyone - 1 John 4:19-21
- Where have you recently been experiencing tribulation, distress and suffering?
- What do you think is the source of these trials?
- How might Jesus be helping you to overcome them?
Share your answers in the comments below.
Pray over each other:
May you be courageous, be confident, be undaunted, and be filled with joy. May Jesus’ victory abide in you.