The Abide team does a group devotional focused on Abide's weekly theme. We read verses, listen to meditations, and reflect on how God is speaking to us. We're publishing these devotionals so you can use them as a resource for a Bible study or in your own quiet time. Enjoy!
TOPIC: Serving One Another
“The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.” Ralph Waldo Emerson
“Love is not patronizing and charity isn't about pity, it is about love. Charity and love are the same -- with charity you give love, so don't just give money but reach out your hand instead.” Mother Teresa
Read and listen for words of service, love, charity, and care...
If you're in a group, take turns reading the week's Bible verses. Read the scriptures here
As time permits, listen to the meditations. Everybody can listen to a separate meditation or you can listen collectively as a group. The meditations for the different days are linked below, and the shortest version is 2 minutes long.
- Serving One Another - Mark 10:45
- Serving With A Cheerful Heart - Ephesians 6:7
- Using Gifts To Serve - 1 Peter 4:10
- Choose Whom You Will Serve - Joshua 24:15
- Being Fervent In Spirit - Romans 12:11
- Words That Glorify God - 1 Peter 4:11
- Serve Others Freely - Galatians 5:13
Think about the content of your last several conversations.
- Think back over how you’ve interacted and engaged with others today.
- What percentage of your requests are self-serving and what percentage is to the benefit of others?
Share your answers in the comments below.