The Abide team does a group devotional focused on Abide's weekly theme. We read verses, listen to meditations, and reflect on how God is speaking to us. We're publishing these devotionals so you can use them as a resource for a Bible study or in your own quiet time. Enjoy!
TOPIC: Renew Your Identity in Christ
If you're in a group, take turns reading the week's Bible verses. Read the scriptures here
As time permits, listen to the meditations. Everybody can listen to a separate meditation or you can listen collectively as a group. The meditations for the different days are linked below, and the shortest version is 2 minutes long.
- Acknowledging God Every Day - Proverbs 3:5-6
- Surviving All Things - Philippians 4:13
- Being an Example at Any Age - 1 Timothy 4:12
- Depending on God Like a Child - Matthew 19:14
- Obey Your Parents - Colossians 3:10
- Commanding Courage - Joshua 1:9
- Balancing Your Control - Philippians 4:6-7
Visualize where you’re spending time this week.
- Where are you?
- Who is there?
- How are you being rooted in Christ or in other things?
- Do you feel a stronger sense of belonging to Christ or to other people or things?
Share your answers in the comments below.