The Abide team does a group devotional focused on Abide's weekly theme. We read verses, listen to meditations, and reflect on how God is speaking to us. We're publishing these devotionals so you can use them as a resource for a Bible study or in your own quiet time. Enjoy!
TOPIC: Joyful Assignments
“Nothing is more pathetic than having a small character in a big assignment. Many of us don't want to give attention to our character; we just want the big assignment from God.” - Henry Blackaby
“God is more concerned with conforming me to the likeness of His Son than leaving me in my comfort zones. God is more interested in inward qualities than outward circumstances - things like refining my faith, humbling my heart, cleaning up my thought life and strengthening my character.” - Joni Eareckson Tada
Read and listen for examples of how God assigns us to boast, plan, wait, turn, abide, and go forward towards His glory. How His assignments for us, transform us.
If you're in a group, take turns reading the week's Bible verses. Read the scriptures here
As time permits, listen to the meditations. Everybody can listen to a separate meditation or you can listen collectively as a group. The meditations for the different days are linked below, and the shortest version is 2 minutes long.
- Celebrate Your Weakness - 2 Corinthians 12:9
- Lost Dreams - Proverbs 19:21
- Waiting - Jude 21
- Hardship - Psalm 25:16-17
- Accomplish the Unimaginable - Ephesians 3:20
- Ask Big - John 15:7
- Great Friends, Great Faith - Ruth 1: 16, 19
- What is an example of a God assigned task that conformed you more into His likeness?
- What is an example of a change in your inward heart that no one outward can see?
Share your answers in the comments below.