The Abide team does a group devotional focused on Abide's weekly theme. We read verses, listen to meditations, and reflect on how God is speaking to us. We're publishing these devotionals so you can use them as a resource for a Bible study or in your own quiet time. Enjoy!
TOPIC: Healthy Communication
“Sticks and stones can break your bones, but words can never hurt you…unless you believe them. Then, they can destroy you.” Charles F. Glassman
“Spiteful words can hurt your feelings but silence breaks your heart.” C. S. Lewis
Read and listen for words of healing.
If you're in a group, take turns reading the week's Bible verses. Read the scriptures here
As time permits, listen to the meditations. Everybody can listen to a separate meditation or you can listen collectively as a group. The meditations for the different days are linked below, and the shortest version is 2 minutes long.
- Healthy Communication - Ephesians 4:29
- Giving Soft Answers - Proverbs 15:1
- Guarding What You Say - Psalm 141:3
- Knowledge or Folly? - Proverbs 15:2
- Words That Bring Healing - Proverbs 12:18
- Words Seasoned With Salt - Colossians 4:6
- Avoid Babbling Words - 2 Timothy 2:16
Think about the content of your last several conversations.
- Did they build others up or tear others down?
- Did the power of your words have honored God?
Share your answers in the comments below.