The Abide team does a group devotional focused on Abide's weekly theme. We read verses, listen to meditations, and reflect on how God is speaking to us. We're publishing these devotionals so you can use them as a resource for a Bible study or in your own quiet time. Enjoy!
TOPIC: Healing Your Mind
“The more we focus on who we are in Christ, the less it matters who we were in the past, or even what happened to us.” - Joyce Meyer, Beauty for Ashes: Receiving Emotional Healing
Read and listen for declarative words of intentionality.
If you're in a group, take turns reading the week's Bible verses. Read the scriptures here
As time permits, listen to the meditations. Everybody can listen to a separate meditation or you can listen collectively as a group. The meditations for the different days are linked below, and the shortest version is 2 minutes long.
- Healing Your Thoughts - Romans 8:5-6
- Sleep - Proverbs 3:21-24
- Hope When Depression Falls - Psalm 34:17-18
- Overcoming Anxious Thoughts - 1 Peter 5:7
- Questions - James 1:6
- Anger - Psalm 37:8
- Addiction - 1 Corinthians 10:13
- The Kingdom of God is present and yet to come. Where do you spend most time?
- How does your past define your present?
- How does your present define your future?
Share your answers in the comments below.