The Abide team does a group devotional focused on Abide's weekly theme. We read verses, listen to meditations, and reflect on how God is speaking to us. We're publishing these devotionals so you can use them as a resource for a Bible study or in your own quiet time. Enjoy!
TOPIC: Healing Your Heart
“The neglected heart will soon be a heart overrun with worldly thoughts; the neglected life will soon become a moral chaos.” -AW Tozer
Read and listen for words of tension and resolve to a neglected heart.
If you're in a group, take turns reading the week's Bible verses. Read the scriptures here
As time permits, listen to the meditations. Everybody can listen to a separate meditation or you can listen collectively as a group. The meditations for the different days are linked below, and the shortest version is 2 minutes long.
- Healing From Trouble - John 14:1
- Healing A Broken Heart - Psalm 147:3
- Healing From Rejection - John 15:18
- Healing From Loneliness - John 16:32
- Healing From Injustice - Romans 12:19
- Healing From Idolatry - 1 John 5:21
- Healing From Jealousy - James 3:16
- What do we care most for in our life?
- What does that look like when it is neglected?
- How do we show care for what is neglected?
Share your answers in the comments below.