The Abide team does a group devotional focused on Abide's weekly theme. We read verses, listen to meditations, and reflect on how God is speaking to us. We're publishing these devotionals so you can use them as a resource for a Bible study or in your own quiet time. Enjoy!
TOPIC: From Frustration to Peace
“Frustration is feeling as if you are a piece in a game of chess, when your opponent says: No, that piece cannot be moved.” - Søren Kierkegaard
“Not until a person has inwardly understood himself and then sees the course he is to take does his life gain peace and meaning.” - Søren Kierkegaard
Read and listen for prepositions and transformational words. Words that describe the proximity of God who transforms you from frustration to peace...
If you're in a group, take turns reading the week's Bible verses. Read the scriptures here
As time permits, listen to the meditations. Everybody can listen to a separate meditation or you can listen collectively as a group. The meditations for the different days are linked below, and the shortest version is 2 minutes long.
- Come As You Are - Psalm 34:18
- Made Whole - Isaiah 35:5
- Imitate God's Perfect Love - Ephesians 5:1,2a
- From Tears to Comfort - Matthew 5:4
- From Tired to Rested - Matthew 11:28-30
- From Worry to Peace - Philippians 4:6-7
- Comfort Others - 2 Corinthians 1:4
- How does being unblocked feel?
- How can you describe and share that with others?
Share your answers in the comments below.