The Abide team does a group devotional focused on Abide's weekly theme. We read verses, listen to meditations, and reflect on how God is speaking to us. We're publishing these devotionals so you can use them as a resource for a Bible study or in your own quiet time. Enjoy!
TOPIC: From Despair to Hope
“The law works fear and wrath. Grace works hope and mercy” - Martin Luther
“The word hope I take for faith; and indeed hope is nothing else but the constancy of faith” - John Calvin
Read and listen for words that describe our response to despair...
If you're in a group, take turns reading the week's Bible verses. Read the scriptures here
As time permits, listen to the meditations. Everybody can listen to a separate meditation or you can listen collectively as a group. The meditations for the different days are linked below, and the shortest version is 2 minutes long.
- Rejoice In Hope - Romans 12:12
- Find Hope In God - Romans 5:2-5
- Don't Despair - Deuteronomy 31:6
- See the Goodness of God - Psalm 34:17-20
- The Light of the Gospel - 2 Corinthians 4:8-9
- God Is Your Shepherd - 1 Peter 5:7
- The Example of Christ - Romans 15:13
- What are examples of where we put earthly hope?
- Do you tend to find peace more in future or present hope?
- What do we expect most from God?
Share your answers in the comments below.